Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pow Wow Art

"There's so much bad in the best of us'
And so much good in the worst of us,
That it little behooves any of us,
To speak about the rest of us."

Man is a creature of God, possessed with His Spirit, but is susceptible to, and probably often does, the works of the devil. These conflicting forces, of course, make man, his habits, customs, beliefs, and actions the unsolvable enigma of the age.  Man does not fully know God, nor the devil; nor does he know himself - except in part. 


The world is full of material things.  Water , fire, earth - all are visible - all are necessary to life.  Air, invisible, unless liquified, is also necessary as every one knows.  But ordinarily, like The Great Spirit (God), air is unseen, though it's presence is just as sure and necessary -one as the other.  LACK OF BELIEF IN THE PRESENCE OF THE GREAT SPIRIT DOES NOT PROVE ITS ABSENCE. A process, such as a vacuum, is necessary to remove air; but air is not Spirit!  The Spirit is THAT SOMETHING that is everywhere - at all times, and available to all mankind.  People of all classes, in all climes, and all beliefs, creeds, and manners of worship, are united on that point, excepting a few "smart fellows" and "learned" professors who believe largely in no thing but themselves. 


Pow-wowing should be considered an attempt on the part of the person to do some one else good - to heal. 


~ Aurand, Monroe, A. (1929) The Pow Wow Book.  Harrisburg, PA.



I am halfway through The Pow Wow Book and it's funny because I feel as if I had been already,  somehow deeply aware of it, I just didn't know (as when I learned about certain natives not being able to be with a body after the spirit or soul has left it, as I have been my whole life too. I can be with the being up until the spirit leaves, then I am gone).

Anyway, the "funny" part is, it made me think of the post I wrote recently discussing how yes, maybe the Mason's use the magic of King Solomon, but two things make it a negative.  #1 the keeping of the knowledge EXclusive, always a negative, and #2 the worship Hillel, aka lucifer, not GOD whereas in Rasta, they too base off the magic of King Solomon, however, it is INclusive, the knowledge and the FINDING of that knowledge is inclusive, which is always a positive, and #2 we worship the God above, the SOLE CREATOR, not those who rebel against that.  But it's along the same understanding; the power of the unseen, using it for positive rather than negative.

Pow-wowing is much like Rasta, and the excerpt above I feel, reinstates that.  That anyone who believe and or knows in God, that Sole Creator, the Great Spirit, is does't matter how you came to know, believe or understand, just that you do, and that is where, people of "all race and creeds unite."  I also found the final line in the above quoted paragraph rather humorous, "....except for a few "smart fellows,"...... because we all know those who want to convince you that God does not exist.  I have NO IDEA why because I am not here to convince such people otherwise!  But they are always usually, the smartest guys, only in their own heads, types.  LOL.

I leave you with this poem taken from The Pow Wow Book

Let the envious envy me,
Let the hater hate me;
What God has given to me,
Man must leave to me.

Lass Neider neiden,
Lass Hasser hassen,
Was Gott mir giebt
Muss mann mir lassen.

No comments:

Post a Comment