Sunday, March 12, 2017

Is it Me?

Guys, and gals; I've got a fire in my bum.

I, just overheard on a netflix children's show my kid was watching, "... ME and mike (or matt, whatever)....."  NOW, I'm "no" American English major, and you all can attest to that, but "ME AND MIKE" in a children's tell-lies-vision program!!!  And we, (or I) wonder WHY medical school students say, "... me and my brother" ( - true story.  witnessed with my own eyes, and ears, numerous times, over the course of several days!).  

Anywayzers, everyone talks about the Berenstain Bears for that Mandela effect, well I'm surprised no one ever brings up Playskool!  That was how it was spelt, "playskool."  I had a Playskool desk, which had it stated on the top of the desk, so you could not sit in the desk and not see it (circa late 1970's).  I can remember specifically when it threw me into a tizzy, because I'd eat my dinner on it in front of Dance Fever on saturday nights.  And one night I noticed it, flipped my chit, which made my mom laugh, at everything; that they made a child's tokin toy misspelt, and my, preschool age self, flipping out about it.  Clearly, I think marketing anything but the truth to children (as much as possible), is stupid.  But indoctrinating children with the wrong things, on purpose! Boggles the mind. BUT then again, as noted in my post below, of noticing things hindsight, the connecting the dots, etc.; - the misleading, lying, indoctrinating people on ANYTHING BUT TRUTH, has been going on right in front of our eyes, and the whole time - for every, single one of us - present and past generations.  Maybe that's what to take from this.  

Now, if the indoctrination of stupidity is what they are doing, which really, few can dispute that, then why?  I've blogged here about the drastic, lowering of the average high American IQ in a 20 yr period (from 120 down to 104).  

I don't know what else to say guys, other than, let's try to outsmart them I guess.  Start to read, things you like, don't like.  About people you like, don't, etc.  As for speaking, of course we cannot blame tv if our kids start to use, "me and bobby," instead of, "bobby and I."  That, falls on the parents really.  LIKE I SAID, " I am "NO" American English major.  And to be 100% honest, it has not been uncommon for people to ask me, if American English was my second language!  NEVERTHELESS, if you've read this, now you don't have a choice but to not fall into their trap.  Try to, at least "make the effort," to speak proper American English.   We all need to shoot for sounding like we've actually read a book, not just Facebook.  Please. 

***The "netflix show" was My Big Big Friend.  Season 1 Episode 1

Thanks! And, Godbless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment